Saturday, April 24, 2010

Metaphor of Americana

I have tasted defeat, in several similar ways, from this, I do not hide. I have dreamed, but to no prevail... Looking back on this journey, I am still to this day wondering, "what drove me to a burger with butter placed delicately on it?" Why does such an insignificant consumer item take my mind away from the everyday trials of middle class suburbia. I guess that is why I haven't blogged lately about this. That and the fact that Kentuckey has the opposite of a plethora of power outlets in which to charge my laptop.

But I can honestly say I don't regret taking on "The Butter Quest." I can actually say i grabbed the bull by the horns. Life can actually tell a well thought out story in an otherwise repetitive routine. Realizing that I was my own writer was the biggest discovery of my younger life. (I say this hoping I have an Older Life too.) My legs are still tired; my body hurts, but at the same time I feel that I have beaten my curve. No longer will I just wonder why. I know I have the power to answer "why" questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment