Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Walk of Buttery Shame

Shame and embarassment are not the best words to describe how I felt when I realized that a butter burger is a common thing. But these words do a part in describing the hole I have dug myself into... walking all this way to Steak and Shake world headquarters. Since my starting day nearly two weeks ago, I have trekked some 130 miles in that direction. With nearly a third of my trip behind me, I have come across more than a few Culver's who also specialize in the elusive Buttery Burger.

This information has torn my world upside down. To think I was going to walk into Mr. Biglari's office, and grant him my kudos for thinking outside traditional standards of fast food. As I shovel down my borrowed continental breakfast, I wonder, "what does it all mean?" I mean which was first the Culver's Butter Burger, or the Steak and Shake Wisconson Buttery Burger? I'm so tired, and my clothes are beginning to smell... I know that someone out there will read this someday, and if my pain can open someone's eyes to the beauty of the shaded corners of America, then my job is done. For now I continue walking towards the state of Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment